The Beriev Aircraft Company formerly known as the Beriev Design Bureau, is one of the many Russian aircraft manufacturers. The design office prefix is Be and the company is specializing in amphibious aircraft. Beriev was founded in Taganrog in 1934 as OKB-49 by Georgy Mikhailovich Beriev. During its existence the company has produced more than 20 different aircraft models and seaplanes, several of them were only prototypes.
Table of contents
- Antonov An-30 "Clank", an aerial cartography development of the Antonov An-24
- Beriev A-40 Albatros, to date the largest multipurpose amphibian airplane in the world, known under NATO codename "Mermaid".
- Beriev A-50 "Shmel", a modified Ilyushin Il-76 modified into an AWACS role, NATO codename "Mainstay".
- Beriev A-60, a modified Ilyushin Il-76 transport aircraft, converted into an airborne laser laboratory in 1981.
- Beriev A-100, a modified Ilyushin Il-476 AWACS that will succeed the Beriev A-50 and A-50U.
- Beriev Be-1, prototype wing in ground effect (WIG) aircraft.
- Beriev Be-2, seaplane.
- Beriev Be-4, parasol-wing flying boat.
- Beriev Be-6 "Madge", flying boat used for firefighting duty.
- Beriev Be-8 "Mole", passenger/liaison amphibian.
- Beriev Be-10 "Mallow", jet-engined flying boat.
- Beriev Be-12 "Chayka", Amphibious aircraft, similar in function to the Canadair CL-415, used for anti-submarine warfare, based upon the Beriev Be-6. NATO codename "Mail".
- Beriev Be-30 "Cuff", a regional airliner and utility transport aircraft.
- Beriev Be-101 proposed light amphibian with one propeller engine.
- Beriev Be-103 Bekas, a light amphibian, intended for passenger transport, medical aid, patrol and tourism.
- Beriev Be-112 proposed twin-engined propeller amphibian airplane.
- Beriev Be-200 Altair, a large multipurpose amphibian airplane.
- Beriev Be-32 "Cuff", a multipurpose airplane meant for cargo/passenger transport, patrol and expeditions.
- Beriev A-42 Albatros, an updated version of the Beriev A-40, recently adopted into service in a SAR and antisubmarine roles, production to begin in 2010. NATO codename "Mermaid".
- Beriev A-42PE Albatros, a unique Search and Rescue SAR airplane, powered by propfan engines. NATO codename "Mermaid"
- Beriev Be-2500 Neptune, a proposed super-heavy amphibian cargo aircraft with a max takeoff weight of 2500 metric tons (planned).
- Beriev MBR-2 "Mote", reconnaissance flying-boat.
- Beriev MBR-7, reconnaissance, bomber flying-boat.
- Beriev MDR-5, long-range reconnaissance, bomber flying-boat
- Beriev R-1, experimental jet-powered flying boat.
- Bartini Beriev VVA-14, an amphibious anti-submarine aircraft, only prototypes were produced.
- Tupolev Tu-142MR "Bear-F / -J"
List of Russian aircraft manufacturers
United Aircraft Corporation